Tips To Reduce The Cost Of Building A House
The cost of building a house differs from plan to plan. It is always essential to provide economical design to the house owner. Civil engineers and architects use their professional experience and technical skills to minimize the cost of a project where it is possible. In this article, I will give you some basic ideas which can be used to reduce the overall cost of constructing residential building or house. But these are just basic ideas, never compromise with the quality and strength to reduce the cost.
Tips To Reduce The Cost Of Building A House:
1. Square shaped structure has more advantages than a rectangular shaped structure. It saves almost 15 -20% walls than a rectangular shape of same structure.
2. For a 2 storey building half number of rooms should be constructed on the ground floor and the other half rooms at the upper floor. Because construction in upper floor is about 25% cheaper than ground floor.
3. The cost can be reduced by making outer walls thicker than the inner walls.
4. Time should always be maintained. The work should be started in due time without any delay. Delay in starting the work will increase the total cost of the project.
5. Avoid unnecessary structural members just for beautification in architectural design.
6. Hire good Civil/Structural Engineers/Architects.
7. Construction work should be done by skilled workers.
8. Make sure the building design layout is easy to understand to the contractor and workers.