Reason For failure Of Concrete Structures
Reason For failure Of Concrete Structures:
A reinforced concrete member can fail mostly in the following cases:
1. When the member is subjected to excessive tension, so as to exceed the permissible stress in steel.
2. When the loading is such that the compressive stress in concrete exceeds its safe permissible value.
3. On account of the slipping of the steel bars from concrete.
4. When the concrete is subjected to excessive shear.
5. Due to the bad quality of materials used, shrinkage, creep or thermal effects.
6. When the member is subjected to extremes of temperature, aggressive liquids or gasses.