Causes Of Failure Of Piles
Causes Of Pile Failure:
The various causes of pile failure are as following
1. When pile load is greater than the design load.
2. Poor and defective workmanship while casting the pile.
3. Dislocation of reinforcement while casting.
4. Bearing pile laying on delicate strata.
5. Inappropriate characterization of soil.
6. Incorrect selection of pile types.
7. Inadequate reinforcement in the pile.
8. Corrosion of the timber pile because of assault by insects.
9. Buckling of the piles because of insufficient lateral support.
10. Defective techniques used while driving the pile.
11. Inaccurate determination of the bearing capacity of the pile.