For adding 4 liters of water in 1 cu.m freshly mixed concrete
1. The slump value will be increased by 25 mm.
2. The compressive strength of concrete will be decreased by 1.5 to 2.0 N/mm2
3. The shrinkage potential will be increased by 10%.
4. 1/4 bag of cement will be wasted.
If the temperature of freshly mixed concrete is increased by 1%, then
1. 4 liters of water per cu.m will give equal slump.
2. The air content will be decreased by 1%.
3. The compressive strength of concrete will be decreased by 1.0 to 1.5 N/mm2.
If the air content of freshly mixed concrete is
1. Increased by 1% then the compressive strength will be decreased by 5 %.
2. Decreased by 1%, yield will be decreased by 0.03 cu.m per 1 cu.m.
3. Decreased by 1%, then the slump value will be decreased about 12.5 mm.
4. Decreased by 1%, then the durability of the concrete will be reduced by 10%.
Also Read – Concrete Mix Design: Design Mix & Nominal Mix Concrete.
Liked this article? then please subscribe to our daily newsletter.
6 thoughts on “10 + Thumb Rules For Concrete Mix Design”
IF THE AIR CONTENT OF FRESHLY MIXED Concrete Is Decreased by 1%, then the durability of the concrete will be reduced by 10%.? Is it true?
Knowledgeable for civil engineering
Nice site knowledge improve
Which types of precaution taken in hot weather pls suggest
Hey, you can check out this article
Have a nice version343333333333