Civil Site Engineers Daily Activities:
The daily activities of civil site engineers at the construction site are as following:
1. A shift at site starts with the safety talk, where a site engineer alerts the workmen regarding the importance of safety in construction and insists on avoiding unsafe acts.
2. Engage manpower (Supervisors, labours, helpers etc) at different locations such that the productivity of work increases.
3. Then, Safety permits are issued to the concerned workmen for any hot work, work at height etc.. after inspecting the checklist along with safety officer at site.
4. Any lapses on the part of Safety needs to be addressed on an immediate basis.
5. Calculate the quantities (concrete, shutter and other materials) required to cast the structural members as per the site plan and execute the same by the end of the day.
6. Make a note of material availability and inform the same to the store in-charge (in advance) if there is any material shortage.
7. Prepare Bar Bending Schedule (BBS) for the required structural members.
8. Study & understand the drawings and make necessary changes in the soft copy (AutoCAD) as suggested by the manager and get the approval changes by the client.
8. Prepare monthly consumption (material, fuel, manpower etc) report and daily progress reports which will be helpful in finding the monthly turnover.
9. At the end of the day, the activities carried out in the shift needs to be reported in the daily progress report.
There are many other roles but these are the main roles of a fresh site engineer.