What Is Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC)?
Reinforced cement concrete is a combination of concrete and steel bars(reinforcement bars) where they carry the compressive force and tension of a structure simultaneously.
As we know that concrete is very strong in compression but weak in tension and its resistance to tension is also low. That’s why plain concrete can be used only where the member is in pure compression, but on the other hand, steel is equally strong in compression and tension.
So the combination of steel and concrete works very well and they are used to take up all the stresses. Such a combination of steel and concrete is called reinforcement cement concrete.
Advantages Of Reinforced Cement Concrete:
1. Reinforced concrete has high compressive strength.
2. It is economical in ultimate cost.
3. It can be produced easily at the construction site.
4. Reinforced concrete has monolithic characters which gives much rigidity to the structure.
5. It is durable, fire-resistant, and almost impermeable to moisture.
6. The materials used in reinforced concrete are easily obtainable.
7. Maintenance cost of the reinforced concrete structure is almost ignorable.
8. Due to the flexibility and fluidity nature, reinforced concrete can be moulded into any desired shape.
9. It is the most useful and economical material in constructions such as footings, piers, damp, etc.
Also Read – Types Of Concrete Used In Construction
If you like this article then please share it with your friends & also like our Facebook Page and join our Telegram Channel.
5 thoughts on “What Is Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC)?”
Sir how to consider the span of singly reinforced beam , please tell me deeply.thnx
Very important to follow every professional Quora.
RCC – Reinforced Cement Concrete
why we write cement seperately because concrete contains cement.
Why do slump test in concrete. Pls explain in brief. Thanks
I really like your information about reinforced cement concrete