Requirements Of Good Quality Concrete:
A good quality concrete needs to be strongest, thickest, workable and most economical when it is prepared. Following requirements should be considered to produce the best quality concrete:
1. Use well graded, hard and durable aggregates.
2. Use sufficient quantity of cement to achieve required water tightness and strength.
3. Mix the concrete thoroughly for getting better homogeneity.
4. Keep the water-cement ratio as minimum as possible.
5. Compact the freshly placed concrete to remove air bubbles and voids.
6. Cure the concrete properly at least for 28 days.
7. Maintain the concrete temperature above the freezing point until it becomes hard enough.
If we fulfill all the above requirements then we can easily produce a good quality concrete.