Register Now

Lost Password

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.

Register Now

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.Morbi adipiscing gravdio, sit amet suscipit risus ultrices eu.Fusce viverra neque at purus laoreet consequa.Vivamus vulputate posuere nisl quis consequat.

How To Be A Successful Civil Engineer

Civil Engineering Requirements:

THESE ARE THE TOP 10 CIVIL ENGINEERING REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL CIVIL ENGINEER:

1. Tests Of Building Materials:

A good civil engineer should have proper knowledge of different tests of building materials. Some important tests are listed below.

Concrete Test: Slump test, compression test, split tensile test, soundness etc.

Soil Test: Core cutter test, compaction test, sand replacement test, triaxial test, consolidation test etc.

Bitumen Test: Ductility test, softening point test, gravity test, penetration test etc.

2. Investigation Of soil:

Various soil tests are conducted to determine the settlement and stability of soils before starting a construction. So as a civil engineer, you should have enough knowledge of these tests which are performed at the site.

3. Uses Of Surveying Instruments:

Usages of surveying instruments like the total station, theodolite etc is also a mandatory knowledge for every civil engineer. These instruments are used for marking and measurements.

4. Standard Codes Used In Construction:

Every country has their standard safety specifications (eg: Is Code) for construction related works. All new construction should be done by following all the rules and procedures mentioned in the standard codes. Otherwise, chances of failure of a structure will be always high.

5. Bar Bending Schedule:

Bar bending schedule is an essential chart for civil engineers. It provides the reinforcement calculation of RC beam such as cutting length, type of bending, the length of bending etc.

6. Drawing And Design:

Drawing and design are the primary keys of an ongoing project. It provides all the required specifications of that project. Every site engineers should have the analyzing power of such drawings and designs.

7. Estimation and Bills:

Estimation and bills should be prepared by a civil engineer in a construction project.

8. Quality Control:

Quality control ensures the profit of a project by reducing the extra costs. So you must have a basic knowledge of quality control.

9. On Field Management:

Knowledge of form-work, concreting, safety measures etc is also a key aspect.

10. Coordination With Labor:

As a civil engineer, you must know how to deal with labors in a site.

If you have all the above requirements we hope you will be a good and successful Civil Engineer. Best of luck.

ALSO READ: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ONE WAY SLAB AND TWO WAY SLAB.
If you like this article then please share it with your friends.

About AdminVerified

Comments ( 129 )

1. It is good checklist for civil engineers.

2. Engineer Babrak bugti
    November 15, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Good job admin thank you for your kind information

3. Balarabe Yusuf Mohd
    November 15, 2016 at 7:41 pm

I appreciate this

4. Very correct

5. Nice to know about these. Thank you.

6. Nicely narrated

7. i have profition in civil engineer

8. Very useful

9. nice guidelines.

10. Gud statement for civil engr

11. Agreed !

12. good back up for Civil Eng…

13. Mohaamad Tausif Ansari
    December 3, 2016 at 6:20 am

Hi

14. Thanks sir

15. Sir your wastup number please

16. Think +ve than do +ve

17. Give some number i’m at saudia looking some job for me

18. I’m civil engineer and come here for looking some job have the exp.6 years at field

19. Useful tips, thank you.

20. Very good & basic knowledge for an civil engineer

21. basic & very useful tips/knoledge, thanks!

22. We need a Watsup group page and this is my number +256700767559

23. Very need full things..

24. Prasadd S N Dodla
    March 29, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Very essential requirement to become a Civil Engineer are well focused.

25. Is good knowledge and thsnk you

26. Its good and rising up knowledge for every CENG Families

27. very good knowledge for a civil engineering

28. Thanks for the information

29. I want answers for all interview questions in simple and concise manner.
    Keep doing…good work admin.

30. Nice tips, we should want to know & keep these matters

31. […] Also Read – How To Be A Successful Civil Engineer. […]

32. I completed BE civil & have 2 year experience if have vacancies please inform me sir. My what’s up no. 7773947275

33. I completed diploma in civil engineering & have 4 year experience in Quantity surveyor (Preparing BOQ, BBS, valuation report, drawing correction ) IF you have any vacancies please inform me sir

34. Nice information Admin

35. loved it and great info

36. pls. help me with analysis of suspension bridge materials available. thanks

37. Thankyou for giving us a good information

38. Very good checklist. Excellent

39. Nc work… Very important to me the part of your mamber…

40. Quality & lab tech & civil engg diploma in tata projects working in sec 59 gurgoan 3rd party .

• Bhan Singh Thagunna
      July 16, 2018 at 5:50 am

I complete diploma in civil engineering and I have a 4 years experience in water supply project and surveyor.If you have a any vacancies please inform me sir.Thank you.

41. These are very much useful in our civil engineering studies must watch and collect each and every point u will be learned and just imagine

42. Civil foerman.10 year experience you have any vacancy inform please sir

43. Civil engineer(site engineer)

• Md.Monjurul Islam
      June 13, 2019 at 10:36 am

I am Md.Monjurul Islam.Diploma in civil engineer.i have 3 years work experience.i very much interest in this job.so please help me.
      Contract Number: 01686433495

44. I completed b.tech civil engineering work at site engineer. 6 month experience from aims max Gardenia. If you have any vacancies please inform me sir.

45. Very educational information! Thank you so much Sir.

46. All points elaborated above awesome tips for civil engineer.

47. […] Also Read: TOP 10 REQUIREMENTS TO BE A SUCCESSFUL CIVIL ENGINEER  […]

48. MR. JAYPARKASH SINGH
    April 5, 2018 at 12:54 pm

CALCULATE THE FOUNDATION IN OVER LAPPING LENGTH

49. Village alampur po alampur ps shivasagar dist rohtas pin code 821115 phone number 9430279647

50. Ellispattern flooring material requirement list

51. I am surveyor I have a 6years experience I want job land surveyor I need a job my Mobile no.8890540978

52. Its bhc pest control we provide anti termite treatment termi tube means pipe line for pre construction anti termite treatment life time warranty

53. Bidhyanand Yadav
    May 20, 2018 at 4:11 pm

hello sir i need a job me civil sub engineer

54. One year experience of ETP .
    Needed to job civil engg.
    Mob no.8935034049

55. My name is Nasim Aktar. I am Diploma passout student . I am interest your company .Please give me a chances your company.

56. prabhu prasad biswal
    May 27, 2018 at 9:15 am

i m prabhu prasad biswal.B-TECH passout student.i m intersted for a job in ur company.please give me a chance

57. Hi, I am ashraf alam pursuing b. Tech civil engineering, searching job

58. B.E. completed..searching job.
    If u hv vacancy.than inform to me in my mail id.

59. B.E completed 5 years experience,I have started to the construction company.if u have any idea about construction line tell me.

60. Dilip Kumar Mandal
    June 1, 2018 at 5:02 pm

I am Dilip Kumar Mandal.I know all practical but theory is weak in related subjects. I am sub engineer.

61. Sandeep B Prajapati
    June 4, 2018 at 8:32 am

Diploma& B.E. civil completed. searching job. If you have vacancy than inform to me in my mail id.plz

62. I’m a civil diploma holder (fresher ). I want to job in construction line. Please give me a chance.

63. Diploma in civil engineering is completed in 2018. I am searching gvt jobs.

-D. C. Kodiyatar

64. Rathva vechatbhai gopalbhai
    June 8, 2018 at 6:41 pm

i have diploma civil complete

65. Hi… i completed my B.E. civil engineering. I searching a job. So any job vacany in a company send to my mail id

66. JITENDRA KUMAR GAUTAM
    June 9, 2018 at 5:30 am

Hi
    I am JITENDRA. I am completed polytechnic diploma in civil engineering.
    So any vacancy in diploma label email me .
    I want to job your profile very sincerity & hardworking.

67. Hiii,,. I am completed polytechnic diploma in civil engineering. So any vacancy in diploma label email me.

68. Md kamrul hassan
    June 17, 2018 at 7:31 pm

I am diploma engineer I have 4 years experience (drawing desien estimate material quality control)

69. Shaikh nayab neyaz
    June 23, 2018 at 3:27 pm

I am fresher. if any vacancies there plez inform my wattsapp no 8939240181 .

70. I,m2010 Graduatd.i respect any job and i will do any work

71. 3rd year civil engineering (NCET)

72. Freshar hu sr. .. 2016 Ka pass out..hu. Koi jab h sr..

73. My number 9675022829

74. Site working experience

75. Plz urgent job for civil engineer

76. Hello sir I am Diploma Engineering in 3 Year Of Complete and job research by site work and supervisor post.

77. I really want to be part of you

78. I hope its good page as i am civil engineer

79. I want to be in these group of Engineers

80. EDWIN NJUGUNA MWAURA
    October 8, 2018 at 7:46 am

I am a student and I am doing civil engineer and I am on my first year and am looking forward to look for attachment in your field ……..please sir I would be greatful to serve you

81. The page is really wonderful I liked once I saw it gives very Strong notes and informations for civil engineers therefore I like the page hence I’m civil engineering students.

82. I want to be a member, I’m a Graduate In the Field also In need of Connection for the Job, I have good experience.

83. Add me to group please

84. Diploma in civil engineer

85. Nice use full message

86. I wanna apply as qs Engineer.I’ve experienced about 4 yrs which is in structural fields,finishing fields and decoration fields.And I can calculate the detail measurements in these.I’m interested in Qs fields.I want to try more and more.

87. Diploma in civil engineering com. and 3 year experience.

88. is now am getting to know about the check list. Keep it up!

89. Muhammad Adnan chak no 164A/9L

90. I have 3year diploma and 4 year exp. Also I need to job

91. I have need to job for civil

I have 3year diploma in civil engineering and 1year experien

92. What are the difference between PAD and RAF Fondation In Building constructions

93. useful update i want to join this group

94. I m electricien 9914365132

95. I want to be a member, I’m a Diploma In Civil Enginer also I need of Connection for the Job, I have good experience..

96. Woldesenbet Alemu Beyene
    March 14, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Civil Engineer BSc (CGPA 3.8)

97. I am a bsc Civil Engineer.i know about BBS. Estimation concrete etc.if u have any job apportunity plz inform me.i have 1 year experience in field work.

98. Rahul Kisanrao Makode
    April 30, 2019 at 4:32 pm

I am very poor in financial situation. If I get any good work with you, then I will be very thankful to you. My education is matric passed. I can not speak good English. please help me n make my life. My contact no is 9975630270 or 8806682505.

99. MOHAMMED BELAYET HOSSAIN
    May 4, 2019 at 3:00 am

I have to need a job

100. I need a job for experience

101. I need a job in civil Engineering.
    I have already done B.Tech civil.
    My contact number is +917889853181
    Need urgent

102. I need a job in civil engineering.
    I have already passed in B.tech in civil engineering. Passed 2019
    My contact no 9093929650

103. Vikky bhimrao hedau
    June 25, 2019 at 4:38 pm

I need a job in civil engineering i have 1.5 year experience in S.L.Menghani company from nagpur airport and CPWD Contractors
    My contact no. Is 8793226608 vikky hedau